It’s almost the end of the month and I realize I haven’t posted anything since the 4th. It’s been a month of travel and family celebrations, weddings, major birthdays and so on. But, every morning (or at least most mornings) I’ve been getting up to work on the BESA. We’re inching our way closer to finishing up the chapters. The one I’m working on now is validity. Both logical and empirical validity evidence is given in the manual. We compare test results to language samples we gathered from children including measures like MLU, NDW, grammaticality, and number of words. We also have some comparisons with standardized tests for the English version of the BESA.
Hopefully another couple of weeks or so and it’s all to the publisher and if off my desk (for a while anyway)! I’ll let you know.